AmeriPride Services, a textile rental services and supply company in North America, announced it received a silver Best in Biz award in the new category of “Most Environmentally Responsible Company of the Year.” The Best in Biz Awards is the only business awards program judged by an independent judging panel comprising members of the press and industry analysts.
The program honors companies, teams, executives and products for their business success. According to Best in Biz, the 2017 program was “particularly hotly contested” with more than 650 entries from public and private companies of various sizes, industries and geographic regions across the U.S. and Canada.
“Our company has a long history of piloting and implementing industry-leading processes and technologies that reduce our impact on the environment,” said Brian Keegan, safety and sustainability officer at AmeriPride Services. “We are honored to be recognized for our commitment to environmental sustainability and the positive impact our programs are making on the planet and for our customers, employees and communities.”
Some of AmeriPride’s environmental achievements include:
- Heat reclamation systems have helped reduce its carbon footprint by 9,278 metric tons in 2016, or the equivalent of removing nearly 2,000 cars from the road
- Water conservation and reuse has helped save approximately 66 million gallons of water, or the equivalent of filling 100 Olympic-sized swimming pools
- Solar power in several processing plants reduced CO2 emissions by 232 metric tons per year
- Automatic shut off systems in trucks have reduced idling and eliminated 8,362 tons of CO2 emissions since 2012
- Delivery and route optimization technology has helped eliminate more than 359,000 excess miles annually, or the equivalent of crossing the entire United States nearly 130 times
- Alternative‐fuel vehicles (including 36 compressed natural gas, 14 propane, 30 electric and 29 hybrid electric delivery trucks) has reduced CO2 emissions by 113 metric tons
AmeriPride Services is one of the largest textile rental and supply companies in North America, operating more than 115 production facilities and service centers throughout the United States and Canada. The company provides linen and towels, uniforms, floor mats, restroom and cleaning products to nearly 150,000 customers through rental and purchase programs.