UMF’s C-PULL® with Micrillon provides built-in, rechargeable antimicrobial product protection with the entire surface able to bond chlorine molecules. Distributed by leading healthcare textiles providers, the C-PULL turns the privacy curtain, a soft surface, into a cleanable hard surface without impacting the design esthetic of the patient room. It is ideal for use in hospitals, long-term care facilities and nursing homes.
Hospital privacy curtains are frequently and rapidly contaminated with pathogenic bacteria. A study published in the American Journal of Infection Control indicates that 42% of privacy curtains were contaminated with vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE), 22% with methicillin-resistant S aureus (MRSA) and 4% with clostridium difficile (C. diff).
The C-PULL clamps onto any type of curtain and provides a hand target for patients, caregivers and visitors. It can be wiped down and disinfected easily with any EPA-registered disinfectant. Using a chlorine-active disinfectant delivers the added benefit of recharging the surface, thereby providing built-in antimicrobial product protection. An effective tool in the war against preventable healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), the C-PULL delivers the following benefits:
● Includes unique, built-in, non-leaching product protection from Micrillon, the first rechargeable broad-spectrum antimicrobial polymer additive
● Provides a hard surface touch-point target for caregivers, patients and visitors.
● Adapts easily to daily patient room processing, delivering environmental services and infection prevention process improvement
● When two C-PULLs meet, they form the international symbol for “STOP”
● Designed for all reusable and disposable curtains – one size fits all
● Eliminates hand-to-curtain contamination
● Extends time between remove & replace cycles
● Delivers significant annual per-curtain cost saving
● Is durable, sustainable and shatter-proof
For more information, visit the company’s web site: UMF Corporation