The ARTA Board of Directors has confirmed the selection of officers and directors for 2020-2021.
- President Gabriel Boardman of MIP, Montreal, Quebec;
- Past President Brendan O’Neill of London Hospital Linen Service, Inc., London, Ontario;
- 1st Vice President Jerry Martin of Prudential Overall Supply, San Diego;
- 2nd Vice President Duane Houvener of American Dawn, Compton, California;
- Secretary Steven Tinker of Gurtler Industries, Inc., South Holland, Illinois;
- Treasurer Dave Balliet of HCSC, Allentown, Pennsylvania;
- Director Bryan Bartsch of Ecotex, Abbotsford, B.C.;
- Director Jeff Courey of George Courey, Montreal Quebec;
- Director Daniel Gelac of Kannegiesser, Montreal, Quebec (leaves board Dec. 31);
- Director Nicole Grubich of WMSHL of Grand Rapids, Michigan;
- Director Cecil Lee of Standard Textile, Cincinnati, Ohio;
- Director Ed McCauley, United Hospital Services, Inc., Indianapolis;
- Director Dan Sanchez of Medline Industries, Inc., Mundelein, Illinois;
- Legislative Director Scott Delin of Superior Uniform Group, Seminole, Florida; and
- Executive Director Nancy Jenkins of Jenkins Integrated Marketing, Lee’s Summit, Missouri.
Directors Jerry Martin of Prudential Overall Supply and Duane Houvener of American Dawn were recently appointed and approved as 1st and 2nd vice presidents. Cecil Lee of Standard Textile was elected and Jeff Courey of George Courey was re-elected as directors for 2021-2022.
Lee is director of the Healthcare Laundry Marketplace for Standard Textile Corp., a vertically integrated manufacturer and distributor of institutional textiles and apparel, where his 30 years of experience in managing healthcare laundries allows him to support customers and Standard Textile’s consultants in sales and service to the industry.
Earlier in the year, ARTA President Gabriel Boardman appointed as directors Nicole Grubich, West Michigan Shared Hospital Laundry (WMSHL) and Duane Houvener, American Dawn.
Grubich of WMSHL is a healthcare laundry executive with extensive experience. She previously worked for Sodexo and has served as executive director for WMSHL since 2013, increasing pounds processed from 30 million to 49 million pounds. In addition to joining ARTA as a director, Grubich was recently elected secretary for the Association of Linen Management (ALM).
Houvener has overseen Value-Added Solutions for American Dawn since 2013. He previously served as executive director for WMSHL and understands the industry from both sides: as an operator and a supplier. The Army veteran is skilled in linen utilization to reduce costs for both customer and laundry facility and has an excellent background in training, policy development, and implementing benchmarking goals.
Longtime ARTA Director Scott Delin of Fashion Seal Healthcare has assumed the role of legislative director with the recent retirement of Howard Zins. Earlier last year, Dave Balliet of HCSC stepped into the treasurer role for ARTA and Bryan Bartsch of Ecotex was elected as director.