Join ARTA at the Gaylord Palms Resort for education and networking during it’s 2020 Education Conference, February 26-28 in Kissimmee Florida. The ARTA Board of Directors has decided to focus on sustainability as it relates to marketing and operations for the textile services industry.
One of the conference’s keynote speakers is Ben Mead, managing director for Hohenstein Institute America. Mead has OEKO-TEX® responsibilities and promotes Hohenstein’s expertise as a global leader in textile research and testing. He also serves as the company’s liaison with governmental agencies, industry collaborations, and trade associations.
As ARTA keynote, Mead will share his perspectives on sustainability and the importance of research and standards. He previously consulted with a variety of brands and industry associations including Textile Exchange and AFIRM. In those roles, Mead was responsible for establishing partnerships with industry leaders and experts to increase engagement in green chemistry and sustainable textile processing. He started his career working for Nike where he helped develop a restricted substances program
The following topics are included on the agenda:
- The State of sustainability in textile services
- Sustainability and textiles — Manufacturing and marketing perspectives.
- Overview and update on ARTA research
- How to use research data for effective marketing that boosts sales
Equipment and operations
- Machinery roundtable: Increasing efficiencies in water and utility consumption
- Keys to running a sustainable operation
- Wastewater issues and the impact of disposable wipes on POTWs, and
- PFAS, microfiber and textile services.
ARTA members and non-members are welcome to attend. The Gaylord Palms Resort is offering a a $209 room rate (which includes $30 resort fee). ARTA has secured the $209 rate 1 day before and 3 days after the conference.