ARTA will host three webinars in the coming year as a service to members.
The first webinar is being offered on a complimentary basis. There will be a member and nonmember fee for the following webinars.
The webinar series will kick off on Wed., Aug. 24th with “Making the Case for Reusable Surgical Textiles.” Angie O’Connor of Encompass Group will present this informative 30-minute session beginning at noon, EST. It will be followed by 15-minutes of Q&A.
Registration is currently open for O’Connor’s informative session on reusable surgical textiles. The webinar will cover:
• Current barrier standards,
• Available reusable surgical textiles products,
• Waste associated with the OR suite and how reusables can substantially reduce waste, and
• A quick cost analysis comparing disposables versus reusable surgical textiles and garments.
O’Connor is director of Clinical Resources at Encompass Group, LLC. Prior to that she was director for the AORN. She is a registered nurse and received her bachelor of science degree from Western Michigan University. She resides in Littleton, Colo.
Click the link below to register. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
• Nov. 16 — “Strategies for Reducing Linen Losses,” Dave Balliet of HCSC
• Jan. 18 — “How to Convert Clients to Reusables and Add Value,” Shelley Petrovskis of Lac Mac and Brendan O’Neill of London Hospital Linen
For more information contact: Nancy Jenkins at njenkins@ARTA1.com.