E. BERLIN, Conn. – The experts at EDRO explain ozone laundering. In a laundry application, ozone is added to cold wash water and mixed with detergents and other chemicals throughout the wash process. The ozone reacts quickly by dividing organic molecules in the water and causing soils to separate from fabrics and disintegrate using less energy and fewer chemicals. Ozone’s oxidization power sterilizes and deodorizes more effectively, less expensively and more reliably than other methods.
How is ozone produced? Ozone is one of the most powerful oxidizing agents. When the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) light enters the upper atmosphere it is absorbed, creating ozone, which helps protect the earth from UV Light.
Another source is with an electric discharge, like during a thunderstorm. The fresh smell produced after a storm is ozone. Ozone is used in a washer-extractor to oxidize and disinfect linen to produce clean laundry with a fresh, clean smell.
What is DynOzone? EDRO’s DynOzone – DynaWash® Ozone System is an air stream of charged gas molecules generated right at the machine using exclusive Power Cell technology. The Power Cell exposes atmospheric air to special crystal lamps that emit both UV and infrared radiation.
As air passes through the Power Cell, a safe, disinfected and sanitized air stream is created. This is then injected into the wash wheel. DynOzone does not use high-voltage electricity and does not require incoming air to be dry.
The gas produced by the Power Cell generators comprises many oxygen species including atomic oxygen and ozone. They are more powerful than bleach and heat for germicidal and bacteria kill strength, and are effective agents for oxidizing, brightening and deodorizing laundry.
Why choose DynOzone? Washing with DynOzone reduces hot water requirements and shortens cycles to save on operating costs while producing hypoallergenic odor-free laundry.
DynOzone successfully processes laundry in hotels, shirt laundries, nursing homes, fire houses, prisons, commercial laundries and other on-premise laundries.
What are the benefits of using DynOzone?
* Reduced energy costs. Washing in colder water results in lower water-heating costs
* Ozone reduces a laundry operation’s hot water usage
* Better use of chemistry, less chemical handling, reduced water pollution, less rinse-water usage and shorter cycle times
* It improves the “hand” or feel of the laundry. Washing in cold water relaxes fibers and is not as harsh on them as hot water and laundry chemicals like bleach
* It can be used in smoke restoration in a specially designed overnight soak program
* The DynOzone – DynaWash® Ozone System is the only system available completely integrated into a washer-extractor and controlled and monitored by its fully programmable HMi touch screen control
For more information, visit the company’s web site: EDRO Corporation
Visit EDRO at Clean 2022